Pyott-Boone’s (PBE) MSHA approved Model 117 Page Boss weatherproof phone is the ideal solution for undistorted communication in wet undergrounds areas or preparation plants. All of the Page BossTM series phones are encased in NEMA 4X rated, polycar-bonate resin enclosures.
The Model 117 can be purchased through Carroll Technologies online mining store, along with a range of other Page Boss products, which can be combined to provide a complete communication network for any mining operation.
According to the Allen Haywood, president of Carroll Technologies: “Carroll Technologies is an authorized repair facility to service these mine phones. It is a very reliable source of communication. It’s not like a handheld radio where it’s mobile and you can walk and communicate throughout different locations in a mine, because this form of communication has fixed locations, which has advantages of its own also.
“PBE is the manufacturer of the largest majority of the phones that we service, but we service just about any kind of mine phone out there that may be repaired.”
Key specifications for the Model 117 Page Boss weatherproof phone include:
- Size: 12”h X 7-3/4”w x 6-1/2”d (30.5 cmH X 19.5 cmW X 16.5 cmD)
- Weight: 11 pounds (5 kilograms)
- Power Source: 12 VDC battery NEDA 926 (unless otherwise specified)
- Power Requirements: Standby– 0 milliamps, page amplifier– 350 mAvv
- Input Line Resistance: 18K ohms
- Input Line Impedance: 2K ohms
- Output Impedance: 600 ohms
- Output Page Voltage: 12 volts
- Output Page Current: 500mA max (shorted line)
- Output Amplifier Power: 2.4 watts RMS undistorted
- Solid State Relay Sensitivity: 2 volts DC
- Enclosure material: Polycarbonate resin
- Warranty: 90 days
Drawing on more than 30 years of experience, Carroll Technologies is ideally positioned to help customers build a communication network that meets all of their requirements. Through its MinerCare 24/7 support service, Carroll provides factory-authorized repair and certification, as well as rapid response for mining emergencies, technical support and an extensive spare parts inventory.
For more information about mining telephones or PBE equipment, call Carroll Technologies on 606-573-1000 or send an inquiry here.